I really wanted to dye eggs with Nolan for Easter, but since Nolan is still pretty little, I could imagine how successful that would be. Food dye? Paint? Oh lordy. At coffee group yesterday, a lady suggested a fun alternative: making Easter Marshmallows!
What you need:
- Marshmallows. (pretty obvious)
- Colourful packs of jello.
- Ziplock bags.
Pretty easy list if you ask me, a lot less costly than dying eggs – that’s for sure!
- Put the different coloured jello powder in different ziplock bags. We used red, green, and blue.
- Wet the marshmallows.
- Put the marshmallows in the ziplock bags and shake – much like “shake n bake” chicken!
- Repeat for as many marshmallows as you want!
They turned out pretty well! The only “mess” would be my slightly dyed finger tips, but that’s alright. A small price to pay for a little fun activity!
Nolan didn’t cooperate quite like we wanted him to this year, he kept trying to open the ziplock bags when I gave them to him to shake, but he did have fun eating them so there’s that! I’m sure next year he’ll be more cooperative.